Welcome to the Hudson School District!
View current job openings
Start an application
Hudson is a big town (estimate population 25,000) with a small town feel. Our comprehensive K-12 public school district is the heart of the community, adjacent to Nashua and on the New Hampshire/Massachusetts border. Our schools are built on relationships - with each other, with students and with the community.
The district has five schools – the Early Learning Center, two elementary schools, a middle school and high school (including our newly renovated, state-of-the art career & technical education center).
- Early Learning Center
- Library Street - Kindergarten (full-day program)
- Dr. H.O. Smith – Grade 1
- Hills Garrison Elementary School - Grades 2 – 5
- Nottingham West Elementary School - Preschool, Grades 2 – 5
- Hudson Memorial School – Grades 6 – 8
- Alvirne High School – Grades 9 – 12 and the Wilbur H. Palmer Career & Technical Education Center
NCES: Education Demographic & Geographic Estimates - Hudson
In March 2019, the district leadership discussed how to redesign educational experiences to best prepare Hudson students for the 21st century. These discussions led to the formation of a strategic planning committee and numerous focus groups and conversations with the community.
The final five-year plan focuses on three goals:
- Strong learning environment – safe and welcoming schools
- Strong connections – strong connections between schools, family and the community
- Vibrant learning system –students and teachers engaged in personalized learning to prepare for future opportunities
The rollout of the strategic plan has been interrupted by COVID-19. We will be renewing our focus and updating the plan based on staff and community needs.
While many districts think they’re special, we know that Hudson is unique.
Hudson understands that learning takes place in a variety of ways. Our career and technical education program provides students the opportunity to gain experience in a career path and potentially college credit in programs including Air Force ROTC, culinary arts, heavy duty mechanics, pre-engineering and veterinary sciences. Hudson hosts the only in-house vet science program in the state and plans to roll out a drone program in 2021.
JOIN OUR TEAM
1 - APPLY- View open positions and apply at Applitrack, our online job postings
2 - INTERVIEW – Initial interviews are scheduled with the hiring manager as well as other team members who are familiar with the job responsibilities
3 - JOB OFFER – Candidates recommended for a position will receive a job offer
4 - ACCEPTANCE – Once a position has been accepted, candidates will complete paperwork with human resources, including fingerprinting and a mandatory background check
5 - SCHOOL BOARD APPROVAL – All candidates must be formally approved at a regularly scheduled school board meeting
Interested candidates applying for a position in the Hudson School District must submit:
- A letter of intent for position in consideration
- A resume
- Three business or professional letters of recommendation
- A completed online application
- Official copy of transcripts (if applicable)
- Copy of your certification (if applicable)
Selected applicants for employment must submit a completed Criminal History Release Authorization Form and be fingerprinted in order to research the applicant's background, as required by NH state law RSA 189:13-a.
Any offer of employment that the Hudson School District extends to an applicant will be conditional upon successful processing of fingerprints and the receipt of criminal history and background check.
ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS
The Hudson School District does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected classification.