Families, Staff, & Community -
Strategic Planning Update
The Strategic Planning Committee has been meeting monthly to discuss the Portrait of the Graduate as a foundational document towards a new strategic plan. To ensure we gain feedback and input from families, community, staff, and students, the Committee will be having community forums.
The following are the dates, times, and locations of the scheduled forums:
- Wed., Jan. 31, at 7:30pm at Alvirne High School
- Tues., Feb. 6, at 10:00am at the Senior Center
- Tues., Feb 6, at 6:30pm at Nottingham West Elementary School
- Wed., Feb. 14, at 9:00am at Rogers Memorial Library
- Thurs., Feb. 22 – virtual forum at 1:00pm
- Thurs., Feb. 22 – virtual forum at 7:00pm
- Wed., Mar. 6 – virtual forum at 1:00pm
- Tues., Mar. 12 – District Workshop – staff forum (all day)
- TBA Forums – Additional Forums (in-person sessions with the Lion’s Club, Rotary, Chamber of Commerce, schools, etc.)
It is official: winter storm season is here! I was asked a few years ago what goes into making these decisions? The process starts by reviewing multiple weather reports as New England weather can be unpredictable and can change quickly. I have conversations with the Hudson Department of Public Works to discuss road conditions both on town and state roads. I have conversations with the bus company based upon road conditions and the latest weather reports. The New Hampshire Department of Safety conducts a state call that includes an update from the National Weather Service, NH Department of Transportation, NH utilities, and emergency responders. This is valuable information to obtain input on potential power outages, and impact of the storm in various regions of the state. Lastly, I speak with superintendents from surrounding school districts as we recognize that school districts are interconnected with regional CTE centers and students attending classes in other districts. As one superintendent stated to me years ago, not every storm is the same and these decisions have a variety of factors that need to be considered in making these decisions.
Since we have had our first snow day this week, there is the potential the next event may result in remote learning day, contingent on the storm and power outages. I will attempt to provide as much notice as possible to families, staff, and students when making these decisions.
Have a great weekend!
Superintendent of Schools
- Tuesday, January 23 – NH Presidential Primary / Teacher Workshop (No School)
- February 10 – School District Deliberative Session - Hudson Community Center at 9:00am
- February 26-March 1 – Winter Break (No School)
- Tuesday, March 12 – March Election / Teacher Workshop (No School)
Are you interested in supporting improvement in our schools? Join our team! We are Hiring – Hudson School District Careers