Families, Staff, & Community -
School District Calendar Update
It is a busy time in the schools with the winter concert this week at the Dr. H.O. Smith School, and chorus and band concerts scheduled for the next two weeks in all the schools. Winter sports have started with the first official games and competitions beginning next week. This time of year brings a lot of excitement and energy to the schools as the holidays are quickly approaching.
There will be no school for students on Tuesday, January 23, 2024, due to voting for the NH Presidential Primary
This date was recently confirmed by the state and will be a workshop day for teachers and staff. The district has five snow days built into the school calendar, and this workshop day does not alter the tentative last day of school for students or staff.
As a reminder, the deadline for parents/guardians to ensure immunization records are up to date with the school is December 15. Students who do not have proof of immunization on file with the school may not be able to attend school.
If your child requires a religious or medical exemption from immunizations, the New Hampshire Childcare/School Immunization Religious Exemption Form must be submitted to your school administrator or school nurse. The form can be found here: https://www.dhhs.nh.gov/sites/g/files/ehbemt476/files/documents2/imm-cert-religious-exemption.pdf
If you have any questions, please contact your child’s school nurse or school administrator.
The following are school events scheduled for the next two weeks:
- Alvirne/HMS Choral Winter Concert (December 13), 6:00 PM at Alvirne High School
- Alvirne/HMS Winter Band Concert (December 18), 6:00 PM at Alvirne High School
- Library Street School Winter Concert (December 11, 12, and 13), 6:30 PM at LSS
Have a great weekend!
Superintendent of Schools
- Wednesday, December 20 – Band Concert
- December 25-January 1 - Holiday Break
- January 2 – Students and Staff Return to School
- January 23 - No School (NH Presidential Primary)
We are Hiring – Hudson School District Careers