Good Digital Citizenship
Hills Garrison School
- I am responsible for my computer account and email account.
- I will not give my password to anyone, even my friends.
- I will log off from my account when I am finished.
- If I see another person’s work on a computer screen, I will tell an adult. I will wait to use the computer until an adult has removed the material.
- I am responsible for my language.
- I will only use language on the Internet and in my school email that I would use in the classroom with my teacher.
- I will not use bad words when I use a computer.
- I am responsible for how I treat other people.
- I will not write anything mean or hurtful to another person.
- I will not be a bully or make fun of anyone.
- I will not “stalk” any person online or by text message.
- I will tell a teacher if I see anything hurtful to another student online.
- I am responsible for my use of the schools’ network.
- I will not look for web pages with pictures, words or sounds that are not appropriate in school.
- I will not download any files, including music and video files, unless a teacher gives me permission.
- I am a responsible member of my school when I am online.
- I will not write anything or post pictures or video that is hurtful or embarrassing to anyone on any website or social media such as Snapchat, TikTok, Instagram, Facebook or Twitter.
- I am responsible to be honest about who I am online.
- I will not pretend to be anyone else online.
- I will not send email, create an account or post any words, pictures, or sounds using someone else’s name.
- I will not use another person’s login name or password.
- I am responsible for protecting the security of the school’s network.
- I will not try to change security settings or install any software on school computers or devices without permission.
- I am responsible for caring for school property.
- I will not break or destroy any computer equipment on purpose.
- I will not move any equipment, including keyboards and mice, without permission.